EAVI2020 webinar – Developing an effective HIV vaccine: what do we need and when will we get there?Leave a Comment
First attempts to develop a vaccine against HIV started in the 1980s. Thirty years on and we still do not have a viable vaccine. Why has it been so difficult? What is needed to realise the goal of an effective vaccine? Is the development of a vaccine still a priority? Researchers from EAVI2020 – a €23 million EU-funded research initiative to accelerate the search for an effective HIV vaccine – tackled these challenging questions in a roundtable discussion as part of EAVI2020’s annual meeting in October 2019.
- Facilitator, Dr Roger Tatoud – International AIDS Society
- Prof Robin Shattock – Imperial College London
- Dr Roger le Grand – Commissariat à l’ énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives (CEA)
- Susan Barnett – Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Athina Kilpelainen – Vall d’Hebron Institut de Recerca